It is unknown when the new attic was added. Originally the main hall was the height of the roof and at some point it was lowered and a new floor was added thus creating the new attic. In 1926 there were two bedrooms here for the Gardeners. It is unknown when it was stopped getting used.
In the 1970s the attic was used for storage but generally was never used. It was not until the mid 1980s that the space was stripped out by Charles Hunter with myself helping.
The wooden walls were taken away and the low ceiling removed showing the beams. It was planned to make this area a museum but never really took off, now it is just used as a meeting room for clan members.